Internet messaging takes place out of school hours and should be continuously monitored by parents to keep children safe. Top e-safety tips for parents/carers include:
- Have family rules about how the internet will be used at home and be clear about what information is safe to share online.( Keep communication between family and a few close friends. )
- Make sure you know what your children are doing online much like you would in “real” life- particularly at night time.
- Use parental controls (on computers, mobile phones and games consoles) to help you.
- Make sure that your children are aware that people or websites can lie online.
- Make sure your child understands that online actions can have serious offline consequences.
The school will contact parents if we receive any information about inappropriate on-line communication between children in our school.