The Nursery (FS1) is the first part of the Foundation Stage and Reception (FS2) is the seond and final part.
Planning for the Foundation Stage is done in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum guidance.
The following link provides more information about the EYFS Foundation Stage
The EYFS practice guidance outlines six areas of Learning and Development:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem-solcing, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Creative development
- Physical Development
Assessment in the Foundation Stage covers each of the six areas of learningand takes the form of observation , which involves the teacher and other adults as appropriate.
The Foundation Stage Profile (FSP) is a statutory assessment in the final year of the Foundation Stage and is way of summing up each child’s development and learning the needs at the end of Reception year. Helping at home It's good to talk
Model reading the book to your child
- Speaking first, reading follows
- Listen carefully to what children say
- Encourage them to speak in a proper sentence
- Repeat and expand on what they say
- If they say something incorrectly, model it back for them the correct way.
Prompts when children are stuck
- Make story come alive!
- Pointing / joining in
- Child may join in on repetitive phrases
- Look at first sound. Sound it out
- Look at picture to help
- Model it for your child